Friday, September 2, 2011

Oh, the drama!

Yesterday we had a beautiful 72 degree day.  I decided we should walk to the park, and that Boden should ride his bike while Claire and Titus rode in the double.  It's about a 1/2 mile to the park, but he's been doing so well riding lately, that I thought he could handle it.

Photobucket

Halfway there he started complaining about his knees hurting from all the pushing and his nose hurting from riding so much...really? His nose? Yes, I confirmed that he was indeed complaining of his nose hurting.  I'm still scratching my head about that one.

Anyway, he's whining and trying to convince me that I should carry Titus and his bike (while pushing the stroller) so he can ride in the stroller the rest of the way... not happening. Finally I just told him we were turning around to go home and that I was sure he could make it back home.  He reluctantly got on his bike and started pedaling.  I said "See Bo, I knew you could do it!"  To which he replied in a very calm voice.....

"yeah, I know.  I was just being dramatic." and off he rode...
Photobucket

while I tried my best to contain my hysterical laughter, In fact I'm still smiling just thinking about it.  I can't imagine where he has heard that phrase before.  ;)

1 comment:

Caela said...

I can totally hear him saying that in his calm little voice!! He is so smart beyond his young four years. Cool bike - I didn't know he had one! Birthday gift? Miss you guys. We need to Skype soon!!!